Manufacturing in Massachusetts by the Numbers.
- $53.26B: Total output from manufacturing in Massachusetts.
- $103,826: Average compensation for manufacturing employees.
- $243,000: Average number of manufacturing jobs in Massachusetts.
- $50,000: Median wage for manufacturing employees.
- $ 4.6%: Increase in Chemical Manufacturing jobs (SOC 32-5000) by 2028 (17,383)
Making a Better World
Manufacturing provides vital jobs in our towns and cities.
Manufacturing also addresses humanity's critical future challenges.
- The Environment
Governor Baker Speaks to the Importance of the Manufacturing Industry
Governor Charlie Baker has called advanced manufacturing a key industry of the Commonwealth’s innovation economy. It provides for 243,500 jobs in Massachusetts with a median wage of over $50,000 per year.
Manufacturing the Future
- We need the next generation of manufacturing to be built by bold, innovative freethinkers that can design products, advance technologies and streamline supply chains to distribute items on a global scale.
- We need you to consider using your skills and talent to make a better future. We need you to “Make It In Massachusetts.”
Careers in Manufacturing
Let the games begin! Welcome to the TIC TAC TOE Game of Manufacturing... Explore three areas that interest you!
Manufacturing "Makes It" For Everyone
So, you've learned a lot about what is needed in manufacturing! So many careers to think of in this industry. Now, time to end our career awareness with a little mind blowing robotic dancing!
This is real robots and 18 months of intense programming. These robots will be used in manufacturing and in daily life! They will eventually need to be mass produced by manufacturers. Just think about how manufacturing gives us any opportunity to own cool technology by "Making it" available to everyone!